With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Friday, April 16, 2010

My parents at 6 years old

Well, even though I haven't posted in a while, I certainly have been busy creating new layouts and will have lots to reveal for my new Design Team position with Scrap That! -- a new Canadian kit club launching May 1st. Here are two new pages I made for a class I am teaching.

The first is my mom in 1959 when she started school at 6 years old. This was my first attempt at a handmade fan flower and thought this was a really nice touch for this page style. I glimmer misted it to give it some sheen. The papers are all 7 Gypsies and I am loving my new MS butterfly punch.

Design Tip: Use tearing rulers and edge punches to give paper edges fast and easy texture.

The second layout is of my dad at 6 years old when he came to Canada from Portugal. Again the papers are all 7 Gypsies -- I just love the contrast in the Savannah line. I also love the simplicity of this and it was really hard not to add a single flower but then again I made room for some bling.

Design Tip: Ink a bright ribbon (such as gold shimmer) with charcoal or dark brown ink to tone it down and match your heritage layout.

2 comments:

Tabbetha said...

I loved these when you posted them at SB.com. There are such special los. Thanks for sharing

Sherry said...

Loved your Blog.. such talent! Thanks for sharing your address on scrapbook.com which lead me to here. You've done a really good job on your blog. I still have a few things to learn on mine.. but I grow really tired quickly and if I can't figure it out right away, I lose interest LOL There are a few things I want to change but haven't figured it all out yet. Gotta work on the easily distracted problem I have LOL
See you at SB.com
Sherry