With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Creative Scrappers Sketch #151 reveal

Time for another Sunday Creative Scrappers DT reveal. I think I scrapped this layout the very same day I received the fabulous sketch created by Nicole Nowosad. I was so excited because I have had in mind to do a layout using my daughter's little shoes for a shadow box... and this sketch was the perfect push to get it done. The papers are a mix of old SEI Mimosa and BG Porcelain from my stash. A special thank you to Tara Orr for spotting me the Zva bling too (so hard to find in Western Canada).

This is my daughter at about 4-5 months old and it is my fave infant picture of her. The flowers are Prima, the butterfly from Michaels and oh the shoes... one of the best baby gifts received.


I couldn't resist using Dusty Attic chipboard (French Window, available in my Etsy shop) and some delicate lacing to compliment the overly girly layout. I used TH crackle paint on the chipboard.


Here is is awesome sketch used for inspiration, you may want to give it a go yourself!

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Creative Scrappers team did with this great sketch!

I'll be back soon with my first Pion Design layout in a day or two so stay tuned :)

11 comments:

angelwhispers said...

This is just fabulous and how adorable to use her pretty shoes just love it and the detail is just perfect! Chanelle xxx

Sarah-R said...

This is gorgeous Vicky!

Scrapthat said...

Your shadow box is going to be BEAUTIFUL!! Love it!!

Adriana - DRIARTE said...

A gorgeous layout with lovely details!

Unknown said...

This is amazing!! Love it!

STI said...

How wonderfull and vintage :))

Shona said...

stunning design and love the shoes :)

Ana Castro said...

This is so beautiful, Vicky!! The shoes are amazing!!

Unknown said...

I just came to your blog from DA..I love what you id to the paper and the chippie and the shoes and...JUST EVERYTHING

Linda Pekrul said...

This is so beautiful. Love it.

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness, your layout is just beautiful!!
Wonderful job!!! Oh and yes what a BEAUTIFUL little Baby.