With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dusty Attic Fridge Magnets Tutorial

I decided to create something a little different - some shabby chic fridge magnets made with fabulous Dusty Attic chipboard. Click on images for larger views.

Here is a quick tutorial on how I created them:

STEP 1 - I used the Moroccan Accents set DA0837 and randomly dabbed them with gesso.

STEP 2 - I used Cranberry acrylic paint DA0910 on 4 pieces, and Dusty Pink acrylic paint DA0907 on 4 pieces (I did not paint the 4 smaller pieces).

STEP 3 - I topped the 8 painted pieces with Clear Crackle Varnish DA0900 and simply glued some chunky glitter glass to the 4 smaller pieces (without covering the very middle so I could add a gem there later on).

STEP 4 - I layered and glued my pieces together, including a magnet to the back of them (magnets from my local dollar store). Lastly, I added a gem to the middle.

2 comments:

Adriana B said...

great tutorial, fabulous ideas :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such gorgeous texture and I love how you layered these pieces to create the magnets - so elegant!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace